Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I heart springtime







I've never been very good at taking care of my plants. My dad has always been an amazing gardener and I've admired his ability to cultivate and care for his garden. The cover of last summer's J.Crew catalog was this model with this giant flower pin that resembled an English rose. I saw that and had to have it- well, really I decided to try and grow them. I researched everything about rose care including yearly pruning, soil amendment, supplements, what's best for our region, disease resistance, hardiness, etc before beginning. A year later, I am really quite pleased with how my English roses are doing. It took a whole year in order to get blooms this big and abundant especially with the burning Texas heat. I have ordered more and am looking forward to planting them in the front flower bed (yes starting all over again). All my current ones except for 2 mini rose bushes were put in containers at the back of the house, near the detached garage, so we could enjoy seeing them when we drove home. The lighter pink roses has a light lychee fragrance- my new ones I just ordered (apricot color) smell even more amazing than these. Lots of work to do but very excited!

4 comments:

Vivikat,  April 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

How lovely and gorgeous shots! Your little (not so) secret garden is growing and coming together so nicely. I can't wait to start my little one-pot lychee guy. Hopefully it thrives and Tbear doesn't tinkle on it! Heheh

issa April 29, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

simply gorgeous! T always teases me that i'm pretty good at all homemaker type things.. except gardening. it's my biggest vice :(

love your roses!!

Mademoiselle Deva May 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

I wrote that many many times! You are very talented! I hope that someone where you live can see that! Those photos are amazing!

VVBB,  May 25, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

Ps. I forgot to say...these shots makes me feel like I'm Alice (in the Wonderland) when she's walking through the school of flowers and the "Teacher" flower admonishes her. =)

Post a Comment

About Me

Annie Cat
Houston, Tx

It is my passion to capture the beauty in all that surrounds me. I am a natural light lifestyle photographer who shoots on location. I would describe my style as being an organic process in capturing life as it unfolds.

Followers

Back to TOP